FULL PROMOTION RULES:
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE.
THE PROJECT REMAKE PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES BROUGHT TO YOU BY SCHICK® XTREME3 ECO™. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Project Remake Promotion (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Energizer Personal Care, LLC and O’Reilly Media, Inc. (“Sponsors”), their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate families and household members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each are not eligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. In order to enter the Promotion or receive a prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. PROMOTION SUMMARY: The Promotion consists of two (2) components: (1) CONTEST: Eligible entrants submit one (1) before and one (1) after photo or photo of a rendering along with a description of the project (100 words or less) demonstrating how to reuse a common disposable item to create a new item out of the disposable item (the “Photo and Description”). Photos must be in the following file formats: jpg or png and no more than 5 MB in size and meet the criteria outlined below. The top 5 Contest Entries (“Finalists”), as determined by a judging process (see Rule #6), will advance to the public voting portion of the Promotion to determine one (1) Contest Grand Prize Winner. (2) RANDOM DRAWING: During the Voting Period (as defined below), consumers may vote for the Entry they think best demonstrates the reuse of the disposable item and may subsequently register in the Random Drawing Sweepstakes. You will not receive an entry by voting, you must subsequently register in the Random Drawing Sweepstakes to receive an entry. One (1) Random Drawing Prize winner will be selected from the eligible entries received.
3. PROMOTION TIMING: Contest Entries may be submitted beginning April 3, 2012 at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 14, 2012 (the “Contest Entry Period”). The public voting begins May 30, 2012 at 12:00:01 p.m. EDT June 14, 2012 at 1:00:00 p.m. EDT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on June 26, 2012 12:59:59 p.m. EDT on July 11, 2012 (the “Voting Period”).
4. TO ENTER: (1) CONTEST: You can enter the Contest portion of the Promotion through either of the following websites: (a) The “Project Remake Promotion” application on the Facebook Platform. You can also find the application on the “Remake Contest” tab on the http://www.facebook.com/schickxtreme3 (“Web site”) Page on Facebook. You must “like” the Facebook page to access the application; or (b) The Make Magazine website at www.makezine.com/project-remake (also the “Web site”). Follow the online instructions to completely fill out all of the required fields on the online entry form and to upload the Photo (as described in Rule #2) (together, “Contest Entry”). All Contest Entries must be received and recorded within the Contest Entry Period. Limit one (1) Contest Entry per person/email address/Facebook account. (2) RANDOM DRAWING: To enter the Random Drawing portion of the Promotion, follow the instructions to register. For each eligible registration, you will receive one (1) entry into the Random Drawing portion of this Promotion. All Random Drawing entries must be received during the Contest Entry Period or Voting Period to be eligible. Limit one (1) Random Drawing entry per person/email address/per day. A day is defined as the 24-hour period between 12:00:00 a.m. EDT and 11:59:59 p.m. EDT the same day.
Contest Entries and Random Drawing entries are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Entry (ies)”: If a dispute arises regarding the identity of an entrant, the authorized account subscriber of the email account used at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other forms of entry are void. Entries via automated programs, bots or third-party services is prohibited. Entries by the same person in excess of the limit stated herein will be void. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
5. CONTEST ENTRY GUIDELINES: Contest Entries cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsors or any of its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsors associates. By entering, you acknowledge that your Contest Entry may be posted on the Web site, in Sponsors sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to monitor or screen Contest Entries prior to posting them to the Web site. Sponsors have no obligation to post the Contest Entry you submit. Sponsors shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute (for promotional purposes only), use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Contest Entries in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose, without compensation of any kind to Entrant. Contest Entries that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the Contest Entry Period will be ineligible. Contest Entries cannot, as determined in Sponsors sole discretion, (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially-dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product other than Sponsors products, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including music or lyrics, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. Contest Entries that are not in accordance with these guidelines and Official Rules or are not received during the Contest Entry Period may be ineligible.
By submitting a Contest Entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work; (b) has not been previously submitted or entered into any other contests or promotions; (c) has not received previous awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained legal written permission from any third party who appears in the Contest Entry or whose name, likeness, voice or other proprietary right is used in the Contest Entry, if any; and (f) that publication of the Contest Entry via various media including without limitation Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsors and Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose Contest Entry includes photographs and/or the likeness of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal written releases for such use including use by Sponsors of such Contest Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsors, upon request, prior to award of prize. Any Contest Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsors, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsors under any obligation, that Sponsors is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Contest Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsors does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsors, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. SELECTION OF CONTEST ENTRY FINALISTS: Contest Entries will be judged by a panel of judges whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
(a) Originality and creativity (25%): Measures the level of uniqueness or quirkiness of submission. This includes judging the extent to which the final “product” was transformed from the original material or item.
(b) Alignment with Schick® Xtreme3 Eco™ / Project Remake concept (25%): Considers whether submissions address the key concepts behind the creation of the Xtreme 3 Eco razor. For example, reuse of “landfill bound” materials like plastic no. 5; everyday object transformed into something different and functional.
(c) Eco-Friendliness (25%)
Assesses the degree of overall environmental impact and scalability, e.g. how much waste the newly-created item (“item”) saves or can potentially save.
(d) Feasibility (15%)
Submission demonstrates that the item can truly be executed, either through sample or detailed specs.
(e) Media/Public Interest (10%)
Gauges the level of interest others (media and general public) might have regarding the item.
The entrants whose Contest Entries receive the top five (5) highest cumulative scores awarded by the judges for all criteria will be deemed the Contest Finalists and receive the Contest Finalist prizes, as set forth in Rule #9 “Contest Prizes” below. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the first Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria in order, as needed to break the tie. Finalists will be determined on or before May 30, 2012.
7. CONTEST VOTING: Each Finalist Entry will be posted on the Web sites. During the Voting Period, visitors to the Web sites, who are legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and are 18 years of age or older, will be able to vote for the Finalist Entry they think best demonstrates the reuse of a disposable items. Limit one (1) vote per person/email address/Facebook account per day. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like voting methods will void all such votes. Any attempt by a Finalist and/or his/her respective family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names or email addresses, paying or retaining third parties to create Facebook accounts for the purposes of voting and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsors the right to disqualify such Finalist in its reasonable discretion. Any attempt by any person to fraudulently circumvent the voting restrictions in order to cast multiple votes will result in disqualification of all such votes received and may result in disqualification of the Finalist for whom the improper votes were received if the Sponsors determines that that Finalist was involved in any way in the perpetration of such fraud. At the end of the Voting Period, the top Finalist Entry receiving the highest number of votes will be declared the Contest Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, a new consumer voting period (as determined by Sponsors) will be conducted from among all tied Finalist Entries to determine the Contest Grand Prize winner. CONTEST ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEB SITES WILL NOT BE EDITED BY SPONSORS AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSORS IN ANY MANNER. If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it http://www.energizer.com/Pages/legal.aspx.
8. RANDOM DRAWING/ODDS: One (1) Random Drawing Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about June 28, 2012, from among all eligible Random Drawing entries received during the Voting Period. The drawing will be conducted by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning the Random Drawing Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. PRIZE DETAILS: CONTEST PRIZES: Contest Grand Prize (1): Trip for Contest Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest to the O’Reilly WORLD MAKER FAIRE NEW YORK held September 29 & 30, 2012 in New York City, New York. Trip consists of first-class air transportation (from gateway city nearest Contest Grand Prize Winner's United States' home) and two (2) nights double-occupancy hotel accommodations at the Hilton Times Square. Travel must be taken on dates specified or Contest Grand Prize will be forfeited. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsors discretion. Ground transportation, meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges, and all other expenses not specified herein are solely the Contest Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Contest Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. A minor may accompany winner as a travel guest only if the Contest Grand Prize Winner is the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Minor must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian. Once a travel guest is selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsors sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of Sponsors, air travel is not required due to Contest Grand Prize Winner's proximity to New York City, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsors sole and absolute discretion. Sponsors shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Contest Grand Prize Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsors has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Winner must accept prize as specified by Sponsors or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,600.00. Actual retail value depends on city/day/time of departure.
Contest Finalists Prize (5): Each Contest Finalist will receive one (1) MakerBot Replicator™ (3-D Printer). ARV: $1,700.00 each. Prize will be shipped within 6-8 weeks from verification.
RANDOM DRAWING PRIZE: Random Drawing Grand Prize (1): a 2012 Nissan LEAF™. Registration, title, licensing fees, taxes (including, but not limited to, sales taxes and income taxes), insurance and costs associated with the vehicle, including any travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the vehicle, if applicable, are solely the responsibility of the Random Drawing Grand Prize Winner. Prize is to be selected from dealer inventory near winner’s home address. Winner is expected to travel a reasonable distance to dealership at his/her own expense and must complete the selection and collection of the prize within 60 days of verification. Winner will be required to present a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance prior to accepting the vehicle. Random Drawing Grand Prize Winner does not have a choice of color, options and the actual vehicle may differ from those shown in advertisements. Any upgrades or options not on vehicle as delivered are solely the responsibility of and are at the sole expense of the Random Drawing Grand Prize Winner. All expenses not expressly specified herein are solely the Random Drawing Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. ARV of Random Drawing Prize: $35,200.00.
Applicable to all prizes: Winners must accept prize as stated, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Winners may select a cash option in the amount equal to the ARV of the prize he/she has won and as listed in these Official Rules in lieu of the prize as stated. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the value of their prize. Winners are solely responsible for all state, federal and local taxes on the prize. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize permitted, except that Sponsors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
10. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by phone and/or mail within two (2) to four (4) weeks of June 26, 2012. Sponsors are not responsible for any change in entrant's telephone number and/or mailing address. Winners (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. Contest Grand Prize winner's guest will also be required to complete, sign and return a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, prior to issuance of travel documents. If a guest is a minor, Releases must be signed (on behalf of the minor) by the minor’s parent/legal guardian, who must accompany minor on trip (at his/her own expense if the parent/legal guardian is not a winner). If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if winner cannot be verified, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize may be forfeited.
Each winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if winner an eligible minor) grants to Sponsors and their agents an irrevocable, unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, edit, and publicly perform, or otherwise use the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the winner
12. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsors, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize with regard to: (a) Entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Promotion or claiming a prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsors reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Promotion or any prize-related activities. Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, or with any Web sites promoting the Promotion; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; (c) entering or attempting to enter the Promotion or vote multiple times through the use of multiple email addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit Entries; or (d) using any other device or artifice to register or vote multiple times or as multiple registrants. If Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Promotion, Sponsors reserve the right to void the Entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Promotion, including the entire Promotion, and/or modify the Promotion to award the prize(s) as deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsors. If the Promotion is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to either the expiration date of the Contest Entry Period or Voting Period, notice will be posted at both Promotion Web sites.
13. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Promotion, entrants and entrant's parent/legal guardian, if entrant is an eligible minor)(and entrant's parent/legal guardian, if entrant is an eligible minor), agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Facebook, Inc., their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery, including any travel related thereto. Sponsors, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrant's or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Promotion. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsors in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Missouri without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Missouri, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri. In addition, any dispute relating to the Promotion (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in St. Louis, Missouri. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
14. WINNER'S LIST: To view a list of winners after July 31, 2012, go to or http://www.makezine.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Project Remake Promotion Winner's List, P.O. Box 753524, El Paso, TX
88575-3524 for receipt by July 26, 2012.
15. SPONSORS: Energizer Personal Care, LLC, 6 Research Drive, Shelton, CT 06484 and O’Reilly Media, Inc., 1005 Gravenstein Hwy. N, Sebastopol, CA 95472.
© 2012 Energizer Personal Care, LLC.